Room 21 has been working on ‘narrative writing.’ We have been looking at the ‘Story Mountain Model’ to help us retell a story. We have also been discussing the setting, characters and plot of a story. We have read a number of Zac Power stories and discussed these story elements.
My first challenge to you is to retell another story by using these story elements.
1. Where does your chosen story begin?
2. Who are the main characters in the story?
3. What is the problem in the story?
4. How does the story end?
My second challenge to you is to explain on the blog how ‘RICH ADJECTIVES’ and ‘SIMILES’ can greatly improve your writing. Give two examples of rich adjectives in a sentence and one example of a ‘FRESH SIMILE.’
1. The MUD STAINED dog ran down the wet road. (Not just a brown dog.)
2. It was raining as hard as golf balls falling on a tin roof. (Fresh new simile)